Uniforms covering the Regiment’s history
Since 1982 the Regimental Museum has been a showpiece of the Regiment. Under curator Greg Loughton the jumbled artefacts collected over the years were put into order, with new display cases and uniforms being displayed on mannequins. When Greg left to become curator of the Royal Military Institute in Toronto, Captain (retired) Bill Edgar took his place temporarily. Temporarily soon became permanent, and Bill continued to run the museum with the help of the Museum Committee.
Today the museum is run by a dedicated staff of volunteers. Over the past few years many new items have been donated and purchased which are now on display. Most artifacts are owned by the BCR Museum Society; others are on long-term loan. The museum is open on most Wednesdays and upon request. We are a non-profit organization and are dependent on donations and volunteers to succeed.
The Regimental Museum displays firearms early as the 1800’s, captured World War Two weapons, and firearms and equipment used in the cold war. Authentic uniforms from all eras of our history are displayed, also medals ranging from the Crimea War to the conflict in Afghanistan.
The museum holds captured and liberated items from the Boer war, both world wars, peacekeeping missions and Afghanistan. On display are many trophies, trench art pieces, personal items, historic pictures, helmets, letters, knifes, gas masks, flags, large collection of cap badges, band equipment plus much more.
If you wish to donate relevant artifacts, please email email@example.com