The British Columbia Regiment (DCO) is currently HIRING!
There are some basic criteria that must be met before an applicant is allowed into the Canadian Forces.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age and generally not older than 57 years of age.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens. Applicants must have a minimum Grade 10 education or six credits (from a British Columbia educational institution or equivalent from another province); and
- Applicant must complete the Canadian Forces Assessment Test
- Must pass a physical fitness check
- Must pass a medical screening exam
- The applicant must not have any criminal record they have not been pardoned for. They are also subject to a full background check and credit history check.
To begin the intake process you must bring a complete and correctly filled application, birth certificate or citizenship card, high school and post secondary transcripts, and a statement of understanding completed by the unit recruiter. Application processing will take anywhere from 4 to 6 months. In this time period is when you will complete the specific entry requirements (CFAT, medical, ect…).